Some of the hyperlinks provided are to sites of organizations or other entities that are not subject to the Official Languages Act. The material found there is therefore in the language(s) used by the sites in question.
Health Canada is not responsible for the information found on external Web sites. Hyperlinks are provided solely as a convenience to you and do not imply official approval or endorsement of the sites, the host organizations or their sponsors. When activating these links, you will be leaving the Health Canada Web site.
Some of the information in the Words of Wisdom section has been provided by external sources. Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy, currency and reliability of the content, Health Canada does not make any guarantee in that regard.
The stories in the Share your Story section are provided by sources that are not subject to the Official Languages Act, and they are therefore in the language used by the source in question.
- Street drug only made in illegal labs.
- Tablets may not even contain ecstasy - could be filled with cornstarch, soaps, detergents or other drugs.
- The logos on the tablets are meaningless. They don't identify what's in the pills or what are the risks.
- The effects of a single hit of ecstasy can last from 3 to 6 hours - but the after-effects may last for days or weeks (much longer than any party).
- Short-term effects are unpredictable; may cause euphoria, as well as anxiety, decreased appetite, increased blood pressure and heart rate, teeth grinding, nausea, paranoia, hallucinations and more.
- Long-term effects of ecstasy use include weight loss, exhaustion, anxiety, depression, psychotic symptoms and more.
- Get the full facts on ecstasy.
Read about the risks
- Date Modified: